Friday, October 3, 2014

It Really Doesn't Matter Anyhow

To listen to It Really Doesn't Matter Anyhow, click here



A tribute to Phil Ochs




Well I don’t know where the soul goes 
                     when it dies
I don’t know if the holy books 
                              are just a pack of lies
I don’t know what I believe 
                                         but this I do avow
That it really doesn’t matter anyhow

I don’t know if things I’ve learned are really any use
I don’t know if this song is just a failed man’s excuse
Mine are just as deep as the thoughts of chairman Mao
And it really doesn’t matter anyhow

It really doesn’t matter how you live your life
Just find yourself a woman and love her as your wife
Try to bring your kids up in a world without strife
Though it really doesn’t matter anyhow

I don’t know how they’re ever gonna feed and clothe the poor
I don’t know how they’re ever gonna stop the next damned war
I don’t know how they’re gonna turn those swords into ploughs
But it really doesn’t matter anyhow

I don’t know why this kitchen is in such disarray
And I don’t know how the politicians get away with what they say
But the dog just keeps on barking and the cat just goes meow
They know it really doesn’t matter anyhow

It really doesn’t matter how you live your life
Behind his back your enemy is carrying a knife
Try to fill the darkness with a tiny glimpse of light
Though it really doesn’t matter anyhow

I don’t know what they mean when they talk of quid pro quo
I don’t even know what it is that I don’t know
I’ve searched the world all over from Spain to Mindanao
And it really doesn’t matter anyhow

I don’t know whata’ll happen if the banks run out of geld
And global warming heats us up and all the ice caps melt
We’re gonna be dead anyway a hundred years from now
So it really doesn’t matter anyhow

It really doesn’t matter how you live your life
The world won’t end tomorrow though the rumors sure are rife
Better do it now because there ain’t no afterlife
And so it really doesn’t matter anyhow





You can find David Prashker at:


 




If you would like to include "It Really Doesn't Matter Anyhow" in your repertoire, either for paid public performance or to record for commercial purposes, or if you would like to re-use the recordings attached to this blog-page for commercial purposes, contact argaman@theargamanpress.com. 
Use of this song, and/or these recordings, for non-commercial purposes, is not simply permitted but invited.

Words and music by David Prashker
Copyright © 2014 David Prashker


All rights reserved

The Argaman Press


No comments:

Post a Comment