Saturday, October 25, 2014

Jerusalem









To listen to Jerusalem, click here




Daughter mine Jerusalem, I touch the dew upon your hem
I kiss your golden brow, I make to you my vow
Do not forsake me now, Jerusalem my love
What have you done, what have you done?

Daughter mine Jerusalem, you cast your glance on other men
Your flesh has withered pale, now you throw back the veil
You clutch the serpent's tail, Jerusalem my love
What have you done, what have you done?

Your heart lies broken now, in darkness where you sleep
All the banks have overflown
Ears of corn are rotting, much too deaf to reap
Ah my child how you've grown, how you've grown

Daughter mine Jerusalem, your leaf has withered on the stem
You will not hide your shame, you will not bear the blame
You never call my name, Jerusalem my love
What have you done, what have you done?
O Jerusalem









If you would like to include "Jerusalem" in your repertoire, either for paid public performance or to record for commercial purposes, or if you would like to re-use the recordings attached to this blog-page for commercial purposes, contact argaman@theargamanpress.com. 
Use of this song, and/or these recordings, for non-commercial purposes, is not simply permitted but invited.





Words and music by David Prashker


Copyright © 2014 David Prashker

All rights reserved
The Argaman Press

No comments:

Post a Comment